There is an opening in Families Together in NYS, Inc., YOUTH POWER! which is the statewide network of young people who have been labeled and are seeking change. Through peer-to-peer mentoring, we empower young people to be active citizens that are aware of government operations, their rights and the ability to use their voices to influence policies, practices, regulations, and laws.
POSITION: Central Regional Youth Partner – The Regional Youth Partners are peer leaders that connect local youth groups, coordinate regional youth advocacy efforts and provide technical assistance and training on youth empowerment, youth-guided practice, and youth peer services. The Regional Youth Partner position is a credentialed Youth Peer Advocate position. Primary responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Establish contacts and collaborators throughout the central region
- Network organized youth involvement, empowerment, and peer support
- Directly assist and support youth groups and councils
- Train and educate youth and adults
- Increase youth involvement and advocacy
LOCATION: Applicant must reside in one of the 20 counties in the region.
STATUS: Full-time salary employee
- Must have personal life experience accessing children’s mental health services and be willing to share this information publicly.
- Additional experience with Disability, Foster Care, Addiction, or Juvenile Justice is beneficial.
- Must have experience working/volunteering as a Youth Peer Advocate or comparable peer role.
- Bachelor’s or Associates Degree preferred but not required.
- Must be able to travel throughout region; some travel out of the region is also required.
- Independently motivated; Excellent coordination and organization skills; Experience with youth leadership and advocacy; Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills; Demonstrated ability to engage with diverse groups; Demonstrated ability to speak with small and large groups of people; Experience with various software packages: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Go-To.
Applicants must send a resume with a formal cover letter to email@example.com by April 1st, 2020 in order to be considered.
Job Board Coming Soon!