There is an opening in Families Together in NYS, Inc., Youth Power, for a Long Island Regional Youth Partner Position.
The Regional Youth Partners are peer leaders that connect local youth groups, coordinate regional youth advocacy efforts, and provide technical assistance and training on youth empowerment, youth-guided practice, and youth peer services. The Regional Youth Partner position is a credentialed Youth Peer Advocate position.
Primary responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
• Establish contacts and collaborators throughout the Hudson region
• Network organized youth involvement, empowerment, and peer support
• Directly assist and support youth groups and councils
• Train and educate youth and adults
• Increase youth involvement and advocacy across child serving systems
Long Island applicant must reside in one of the 2 counties
Full-time salary employee
• Must have personal life experience accessing children’s mental health services and be willing to share this information publicly.
• Additional experience with Disability, Foster Care, Addiction, or Juvenile Justice is beneficial.
• Must have experience working/volunteering as a Youth Peer Advocate or comparable peer role.
• Bachelor’s or Associates Degree preferred but not required.
• Must be able to travel throughout region; some travel out of the region is also required. (Have the ability to telecommute)
• Independently motivated; Excellent coordination and organization skills; Experience with youth leadership and advocacy; Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills; Demonstrated ability to engage with diverse groups; Demonstrated ability to speak with small and large groups of people; Experience with various software packages: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Go-To.
APPLICATION PROCESS: Applicants must send a resume with a formal cover letter to email@example.com in order to be considered.