There is an opening in Families Together in NYS, Inc., YOUTH POWER! which is the statewide network of young people who have been labeled and are seeking change. Through peer-to-peer mentoring, we empower young people to be active citizens that are aware of government operations, their rights and the ability to use their voices to influence policies, practices, regulations, and laws.
POSITION: Central Regional Youth Partner – The Regional Youth Partners are peer leaders that connect local youth groups, coordinate regional youth advocacy efforts and provide technical assistance and training on youth empowerment, youth-guided practice, and youth peer services. The Regional Youth Partner position is a credentialed Youth Peer Advocate position. Primary responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Establish contacts and collaborators throughout the central region
- Network organized youth involvement, empowerment, and peer support
- Directly assist and support youth groups and councils
- Train and educate youth and adults
- Increase youth involvement and advocacy
LOCATION: Applicant must reside in one of the 20 counties in the region.
STATUS: Full-time salary employee
- Must have personal life experience accessing children’s mental health services and be willing to share this information publicly.
- Additional experience with Disability, Foster Care, Addiction, or Juvenile Justice is beneficial.
- Must have experience working/volunteering as a Youth Peer Advocate or comparable peer role.
- Bachelor’s or Associates Degree preferred but not required.
- Must be able to travel throughout region; some travel out of the region is also required.
- Independently motivated; Excellent coordination and organization skills; Experience with youth leadership and advocacy; Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills; Demonstrated ability to engage with diverse groups; Demonstrated ability to speak with small and large groups of people; Experience with various software packages: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Go-To.
Applicants must send a resume with a formal cover letter to email@example.com in order to be considered.
Post your agency employment opportunities with us! Email firstname.lastname@example.org with a detailed description, application instructions (including deadline), contact person, website link and logo, if applicable.
Families On The Move NYC, Inc. is seeking Youth Peer Advocates.
The primary job function of a Peer Youth Advocate is to advocate, communicate, and address the needs of families with children and youth that have emotional, behavioral, mental health and or substance use challenges who are receiving services at the NYCCC including South Beach Psychiatric Center and Astor Case Management Services. The Peer Advocate also provides transitional services and educational workshops to families. Promotion of quality services, family empowerment, and provision of support to family members are essential features of this position. CLICK HERE for application instructions.
Interborough Developmental and Consultation Center is seeking Credentialed Youth Peer Advocates.
Interborough Developmental and Consultation Center is seeking credentialed Youth Peer Advocates.
The Youth Peer Advocates will provide Children and Family Treatment and Support Services (CFTSS) to children/youth (under 21 years of age) and their families to empower them to improve their health, well-being and quality of life. These services are aimed to strengthen families, and help them make informed decisions about their care. CLICK HERE to visit the agency website or contact Karen Clark, LCSW-R, Director of Children and Family Treatment Support at 929-273-7601 EXT: 432 or email@example.com for more info.
WNY Independent Living, Inc. is seeking (1) part-time and (1) full-time Youth Peer Advocate.
Youth Peer Advocates will provide peer support in person and online. YPAs will coordinate independent living skills, evaluations, and training for transition age youth with disabilities within Erie, Niagara, Genesee, Orleans and Wyoming Counties. Must obtain a New York State Youth Peer Advocate Credential within the first year of employment. CLICK HERE for application instructions.